February 04, 2020

Living in Ireland





Here it´s a little sum up of my experience living in the great country of Ireland.
The first time I visited it I was sixteen. I went there for a couple of summers and I lived
with the most lovely irish family.
I stayed in Cobh, a charming little village just in the south of the country, very close to
the city of Cork.
There, I took some English classes and had lots of fun discovering new places as Blarney Castle,
Bunratty Castle or Killarny national park.

I am so thanful for that time

But I wanted to talk about my second irish expericence. In 2018 I went for a couple of months to  Dublin, to study drama. This time I chose a crowded place, where I enjoyed going second-hand shopping, enjoying food markets, pretending to be a student of the Trinilt College and of course having lots of Guinness pints. Oh! And don´t forget about Halloween, irish enjoy celebrating and as it is one of my fav holidays I was delighted



Cliffs of Moher



Dublin citycentre



Belfast and the Giant´s Causeway




The LIR Academy 


Howth








Malahide Castle and Gardens





My pretty attic and neighborhood


The Tudors´ costumes, from the serie

Trinity College


 

Halloween in Ireland and Saint Anne´s Park


Galleries and some Renoir
 



The botanical Garden


I went to some other places outside Dublin, like the little seaside village of Howth and its seals, Malahide Castle and Gardens with its ghost stories and Cliffs of Moher (absolutely recommended).

To finnish my time there I travelled north, to Belfast, the city that created the Titanic. I´ve visited my cousin and enjoyed a Christmas market and, of course, the Giant´s Causeway (daytrip that included some Game of Thrones locations)

If you haven´t been in the Emerald Island yet I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Have a nice evening friends

Thanks for reading,

Martha W.


No comments:

Post a Comment