April 13, 2020

Easter cookies





So this year Easter seems to be a little peculiar due to the quarantine. Anyway, I wanted to keep the spirit of the Holiday and that´s why we´ve made these delicious Easter cookies.

The recipe for the cookies itself is the one I normally use but I think I´ve never shared it before.

It´s an American / Canadian recipe I took when I was  in high school (can you believe it?!) like 10 years ago. There was a Canadian trainee teacher in our French class and she was the one who gave it to us.

I started baking cookies when I was around 15. Basically, I used to cook them for Christmas, then it became my tradition and now, it´s something I can do any Sunday.

So for those who have a sweethooth, I leave you here my recipe (including the icing, to create the Easter bunnies).


C O O K I E S :

- 1 cup (medium size cup) of brown sugar                                 
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter

- 2 cups of flour

- 2 eggs

- 1 tsp of baking powder

- Chocolate chips (optional, in these ones I did half chocolate and half plain)


I C I N G

- 2 table spoons of powder sugar 

- Food coloring (I used blue, fuchsia and yellow and mixed them)


  



As you can see, the frosting that was intended to be cute Easter bunnies turned out quite weird but we laughed hard making them just because of their appearance. 

So have fun making them, don´t eat too much as I did, and have a Happy Easter


Thanks for reading,

Martha W.








No comments:

Post a Comment